Saturday, September 20, 2008

gee whiz! it's PHANTASMO, Master of the World!

Woo Hoo! I've always wanted to read a Phantasmo story. And now I was finally able to get one for (relatively) cheap on eBay!!
I'm not sure which issue of THE FUNNIES this one is from. It was coverless, and the information on the Grand Comic Book Database is sparse for this series. But I did narrow it down a little. This is from issue #46, 49, 51, 52, 53, 55 or 56.

from
THE FUNNIES #unknown (1940-41)
story by ?; art by E.C. Stoner


Not too sure about Phantasmo's buddy, Whizzer. (Nice name, though...)
On page 4 he deduces that the problem is probably from the drinking water. Then on page 5 he almost drinks it because he "nearly forgot!" In, what, 30 seconds!?
And Phantasmo refers to him as a "smart lad."
Maybe I'm not too sure about Phantasmo either, now that I think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment