Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Furious Debut of CAPTAIN BATTLE! *clack! clack!*

For some reason, as I was scanning this story, I thought Captain Battle had made a bigger impact while he was around. I mean, I'd heard of him, so surely he had been somewhat enduring. But it turns out he only appeared in 16 comics over a two-year period and that was it. Although, I guess, by Golden-age standards (the number of one-appearance characters and all) he did okay.

He appeared in SILVER STREAK COMICS #10-21 (May 1941-May 1942), CAPTAIN BATTLE COMICS #1-2 (Summer-Fall 1941), #3 (Winter 1942) and #5 (Summer 1943). Whatever happened to CAPTAIN BATTLE COMICS #4 is a mystery, I guess.

Nothing really exceptional about this story, but I just love the Deaglos!! They crack me up! *Clack! Clack!*

from
SILVER STREAK COMICS #10 (May 1941)
story by Carl Formes; art by Jack Binder




2 comments:

  1. Greatest thanks to Dr Eromosele for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Eromosele . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. I knew suddenly Dr Eromosele was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. I discuss with Dr Eromosele and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in South Korean. I used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Eromosele also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES, HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, CANCER, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Eromosele and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348075799423 or his Email:dreromosele156@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a great herbal man called Dr voodoo who can cure Hepatitis B virus and other deadly diseases with the use of natural herbs to cure Hepatitis B virus problems. He is from Africa and he is a great doctor and he can also cure you as well if you are have the problem And other deadly disease and here is email address voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348140120719 HERPES CURE,CANCER CURE,HIV/AIDS CURE,HPV CURE

    ReplyDelete